Do Your Choices Make You Happy?
You’ve built the life you have now with the small and big daily choices you’ve made at each decision point.
- What will I eat for breakfast?
- Will I have this medical treatment?
- How will I react to my child now?
- Will I pour myself another glass of wine?
- Will I assert myself in this situation?
- Do I marry this person?
- Do I pick up my drug or not?
Every choice you make shapes your life.
- If your choices are in line with what you feel good about and what you personally believe in, your life will feel satisfying to you.
- If you make choices that are not what you really prefer because it seems like the ‘right thing to do’, or you’re afraid of disappointing or hurting others, or you’re avoiding something, then your life will feel unsatisfying – possibly even depressing and pointless.
What future life are you building for yourself with your choices right now?
If you make the same choices you’ve always made it’ll continue the life you have now – that’s good if you’re happy, not so good if you’re not. If you make new choices based on closely listening to your own Truth and honoring your needs, you create the life you wish for. Pretty simple, right?
It’s easier than you might realize. All the tools and support you need to do this are right here. Start by asking yourself this question:
“If I loved myself, what would I choose to do now?”
Why does this question help?
Most of us don’t give ourselves permission to be exactly who we are. It’s not really surprising because our advertising, schooling, family, friends and workplaces constantly tell us how we should be. People may say ‘you should just be yourself’ but few places fully encourage us to follow our heart. A little bit, maybe; as long as what we want to do stays within their comfort zone.
The problem with this, is that regularly doing what other people need instead of what we need causes us pain. If you keep ignoring your own Truth your needs remain unmet. If your needs are unmet for a long time it can at some point make you ill, depressed, anxious and angry, or you find yourself reaching for too much wine, food, your phone, unhealthy relationships, drugs, work… at the very least, it makes life feel a bit bland and purposeless.
To love yourself means paying attention to your needs and doing what you can to meet them in every area of your life – your work, relationships, body, sex, money, food, parenting… Then life feels exciting and energizing.
When your needs are met, you feel satisfied. It’s pretty simple.
So if you want to immediately feel better in any area of your life, start asking yourself, “What do I really need now?” and then do what you can to meet that need – even a little bit. (Trust me, the answer will not be the wine, phone or the drug – those are just unsatisfying substitutes).
That’s all you need to do to have the life you want; At each big and small decision point in your life, ask what you really need and then do what you can to meet that need.
So, are you ready to be happier?
If you loved yourself, what need of yours would you take one small step towards meeting now?
How can I know what my unique Truth is?
Most of us were trained to please others, to conform to what’s expected and to follow what various authorities say is ‘good for us’. The problem is that living according to other people’s rules and ideas is more convenient for them but it doesn’t meet our deeper needs – so it rarely leaves us feeling very good. Listening to other people guides us away from listening to ourselves, which is madness, because we are the sole experts on ourselves.
Why do I say you are the sole expert on yourself? Because only you can really see your own path.
Think about it for a moment; only you can know what makes you truly feel good – both in the tiny daily things you do and the bigger life choices you make. Other people can think they know what’s best for you, but they’re not living your life inside your body and mind, and so they don’t have all the necessary information.
We each have our own piece of a larger puzzle to figure out – and that piece is our own life and our own Self. If we strive to copy our neighbor, nobody will ever see the bigger picture because our piece will be missing.
Our singular task in life – the way we can best be of service to ourselves, our loved ones and the world – is to try to master our own part of the puzzle.
But how can I live as myself? Where do I start?
As I said earlier, it’s easier than you may think. You already have everything you need, and this question can guide you every step of the way:
“If I loved myself, what would I choose to do now?”
That’s what this website, books and resources are all about.
You can also work directly with Eilat, in private sessions, in a group or a combination of the two.
Sign on for my newsletter for stories of others learning to follow their Truth, articles and free resources.
It’s free – no catch.
The newsletter will have stories, suggestions and occasional free gifts to inspire and support you to find your Truth in each little moment and live it. If you’d like to love yourself more and be more satisfied with your life, join the love revolution.
There’s no risk, payment or obligations and you can unsubscribe at any point. My intention is to support more people to live their Truth.
When you join the love revolution you get:
- Two self-love exercises that you can start using to immediately increase your satisfaction with your life
- First news when new books and workbooks are available
- Special deals on books, consultation packages, workshops and other events that will support you in your self-love
- Exercises, inspirational stories, articles and reminders to practice self-love in every area of your life.
- Information about my events and talks
So, if you loved yourself, what would you do now?
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT’S RIGHT FOR YOU?
- You want to start living a more satisfying life
- You’ve been wondering how to love yourself more
- You want help to make different, more satisfying, choices
- You want some guidance to find your own Truth and live it
- You want to be part of a tribe that encourages you to fully be you and celebrates you
Then YES it’s definitely FOR YOU!!
Ready to start? Then fill in this form and join me on this adventure!
See you on the other side!